Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Celebrating Friday the 13th

I'm not really superstitious, but I do love a good scary movie and will find time to watch them.  Those of you who know me, know that one of my favorite days of the year is Halloween.  Since I do love a good scare I figured why not have some fun on Friday the 13th, as well.  This Friday I will be enjoying watching the movies that became synonymous with that date and I will be doing it with a couple of friends.

 I decided we needed some fun treats to enjoy while watching the movies.  In honor of Crystal Lake we will be drinking Crystal Light (a blood red flavor of course) drink mix.  I decorated these great tubes from SRM Stickers to add to the occasion.  I wrapped a doily around it and used the "Time to Celebrate" stickers from the Happy Birthday Sticker Sentiments sheet from SRM.  I, also, wrapped the lid of the tube using Black Shimmer Twine that I also purchased from SRM.  I cut out the knife and the "Friday the 13th" using my Silhouette, drizzled a little red watercolor paint down the doily and attached it to the tube.  Now all of us can keep track of those little packages of drink mix and take a memento home of the fun we had together. 

No matter what the date of the fun you will be having, be sure to add the little extra touches such as these decorated tubes to make the day a memorable one.  Having fun in all you do is the most important part of any occasion.  Enjoy your day and fit some time in to create!

Happy Creating!
~Peg

No comments:

Post a Comment