Monday, December 1, 2014

Around the World Blog Hop

I am excited and honored to have been asked by the talented Barbara Rankin to be a part of this hop.  Be sure to stop by her blog Black Hole Art Studio and see her amazing work.  Thanks Barbara for asking me to do this!  For this hop, she gave me four questions about myself to answer that will allow you to know a little more about me. 

1.  What are you working on right now?
      This is a busy time for me right now with the holidays coming quickly.  My goal is to have all of my projects done by the 19th of December so that I can enjoy the last 2 weeks of the year with my husband who will be home from work and our son. Today I am working on handmade gifts for a swap that I am a part of and a project for Unruly PaperArts.  This week I will, also, be making some handmade paper for my December projects for Arnold Grummer's Papermaking and will be working on some tutorials for Create for Less.  In a few weeks, I will be making handmade gifts for my family. 

2.  How does my work differ from others?
      I am always trying to use as many tools and techniques into one project as I can.  For me, the more the better.  I love being able to combine stamping with die cutting, for example.  The extra layers, styles and colors of combining more than one of these can add so much to a project. 

3.  Why do I create?
      I have always loved to make things.  From the time I was young I enjoyed coloring and drawing things.  While I was in about 6th grade with the help of my dad, I created a framed loom and wove yarn in between the strings and then used blue yarn cut into pieces and created a latch hooked diamond shape for an art class.  Now, I create for enjoyment and the opportunity to share with others and get them excited about creating things of their own.
4.  How does my creative process work?
      I usually start with something that inspires me such as a stamp, patterned paper or a tool of some sort.  Then, I think about what I can do with that and start forming the idea of what my project will be.  Usually, I rework it in my head several times and get an idea of it and then as I create it I make changes or add or take away from it to make things work better together. 

There's a little about me and how my creative process works.  Now, I get to have some more fun in this blog hop and choose 2 people who I admire their work.  I have chosen:



The ever so talented and friend of mine Roni from Ink Stains.  Her work is absolutely amazing so be sure to stop by and check out her blog.  Look for her Around the World Hop post on Monday, December 8th and get to know her, too. 





Toni is another amazingly talented person and friend of mine.  Be sure to stop by her blog Studio Garage Band and be prepared to be inspired.  Look for Toni's Around the World Hop post on Monday, December 8th to learn more about her. 





Today I am, also, having fun participating in the Unruly PaperArts 12 Days of Christmas Link Up Party so be sure to check out my post for that.  It's the post below this one so be sure to scroll down and see it. 

1 comment:

  1. Peg... thank you for all the inspiration you provide and loved reading about your creative journey !!! I am amazed by your paper making skills and so enjoy when they are included in your art. Thank you once again for thinking of me for this blog hop. Have a wonderfully creative week. xoxo

    ReplyDelete