Sunday, September 28, 2014

The Dark of Night Unruly PaperArts RAQ

I decided to play in this month's Unruly PaperArts RAQ since I was at a crafting day with friends and had all day to work on projects and have fun.  One of my favorite times of year is coming up with Halloween and the colors in this month RAQ were calling me to do a project for it. When I brought it home, I didn't have it quite finished when I came home because I do not have any Halloween sentiment stamps so I was needing to cut it out on my die cut machine.  This is how it turned out, but this wasn't even the original idea I had.  This definitely took on a mind of it's own with the suggestions of my son.  The sentiment was going to be at the top of the card, but I thought it still looked unfinished.  Too much open space for my liking.  My son suggested that I add a spooky tree behind the pumpkin that would look like it was hanging over it.  I liked that idea and went with it and die cut the tree after making some adjustments to the size of it.  We both agreed the tree needed to be more skinny and fit just on the right side of the card.  It worked! 
 
As I looked at the picture that is also included as the inspiration for the RAQ I thought it would be cool to have a moon on the project, too.  I knew that it wouldn't look right if I just placed it behind the tree so I decided to slide it in behind the vellum which made the stars come more to the front of the entire piece.  I loved it!  This is how it ended up and how it even came about for this fun RAQ. 
 
 
There's still a couple of days left to enter.  All you need to do is look at the Creative Prompt over on Unruly PaperArts and use that to create your project, post it on your blog and link it up using InLinkz on the Unruly blog and you will be entered for a fun prize.  Be sure to join today!
 
Happy Creating Everyone!
 
~Peg


3 comments:

  1. Peg this is so darn cute !!! Your die cut tree worked perfect and love the idea of putting the moon behind the vellum... great work !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peg this is such a fabulously fun and spooky card! I love it! Thanks for joining us at for our September RAQ.

    ReplyDelete