Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Summer Fun

It's hard to believe that summer is only 17 days away now.  It seems like winter just ended and spring began.  Summer has already shown itself here where I live.  We've had some 95 degree temperatures already and are headed for more.  What's summer without a little fun, though?  I was browsing the Silhouette Online Store the other day when I came across this cute pair of sunglasses.  I wasn't sure how I'd use them, but knew they'd be perfect for something summer.  Today I was cutting out some things for another piece that I'm working on and decided since I had everything out I'd cut these, too.  Once they were cut out, all I could think of is that they would make a fun pop-up card so I continued to work on it until I did just that. I turned it into a pop-up card.  I love making these types of cards.  They are so much fun to create and to share!  The awesome stickers are from SRM Stickers.  I kept eyeing them laying on my desk knowing in my mind I had to incorporate them into this project and what is the reason we need sunglasses?  The sun of course so I created these to show the reflection of the happy sun in the lenses. At least he's happy with the heat of summer.   I'm really not a summer person.  I prefer the fall, but with this fun project, the adorable stickers and the enjoyment I had in creating it, I may just start liking the season a little more. 

Happy Creating!
Peg

No comments:

Post a Comment