Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Love Notes


24 years ago this past Sunday,  my husband and I met for the first time at the wedding of two good friends.  Both of us had spent the previous weeks telling the two that we don't do blind dates and weren't interested in going out with each other.  Both of them insistently worked on trying to get us to say we'd go out on a date, but it didn't happen...at least not at that point.   We finally met at the wedding rehearsal and it has been love ever since. Now, I can't imagine life without him.   This year we will be married 23 years.  Since we've been married, every night I have written a note to my husband telling him my plans for the day, things our son will be doing, anything on my mind that I want to share with him.  It's another way I get to talk with him amongst our busy schedules.  The most important thing I tell him is that I love him.  We have always had this saying where he says "forever" and I say, "and always" and we clasp our pinky fingers together.  I was thinking the other day how much more I love him now than the first day we met and I created this special card to tell him that and placed it in his lunch bag so he would find it while he was at work.  I wanted it to be just a special surprise to make his day a good one. 

I hope that you will be inspired to share your love with someone today in a any special way that you would like.  It can be a simple note, a card like this one or even an email if you'd like.  It only takes a few minutes to let someone know how much you care.

Have a great day!
~Peg

No comments:

Post a Comment