Monday, May 13, 2013

Toucan, I Am

 

 
The Just For Fun Stamps design team had the challenge this week to create a card using the new images and this great sketch.  Have you been over to the website and seen the new images yet?  Be sure to go take a look.  They are a lot of fun.  I chose to use the new Funky Toucans for this project.  I think they are so cute and they go perfectly with the soft hues of the background.   I sat and looked for quite a while at my card and kept rearranging the elements to it and the sketch and had a tough time deciding how to use them, but then it hit me.  It was right in front of me the whole time.  I didn't have to change this wonderful sketch; just use it as it pretty much was.  I did make the first 2 layers face the opposite way, but that was all I wanted to do with it.  I added the "Just Sitting Here" sentiment from the Sentiments 3 set to add a special greeting.  I made the picture extra large so that you can see all the fun details of this card. 
 
Be sure to visit the Just For Fun Stamps blog and see more of the new images and a lot more fun.  Stop by this Thursday and see my second take on this sketch, too.  

No comments:

Post a Comment