Saturday, November 17, 2012

A Special Birthday


This is a card that I created for my dad who turned 82 on Veteran's Day.  He loves old cars and even used to race cars at our local fairgrounds when he was younger.  I wanted to give this great classified paper from The Robin's Nest an old crumpled look like it had been kept in the pocket of someone who was anxiously awaiting the time to purchase a car so I tore the edges and inked them.  I, then, decided to crumple the paper to give it a more distressed look and added some ink to the creases to make it look like an older ad from a newspaper.  I circled the "For Sale" to add some more fun to the paper and card.  I recently purchased a set of Tim Holtz Road Trip stamps from a friend of mine and knew they would make the perfect card for my dad.  Unknowingly to me, my dad knew the brand and model of the car and it turns out to be one of his favorites which added an even more specialness to it.  I finished the inside to match the car theme by stamping a border around the sentiment using the tire mark stamp from the set.  I created an envelope to go along with it, too.  My dad was absolutely thrilled to receive this card on his birthday and I enjoyed making it special for him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment