Today I want to share the projects I made using items from The Robin's Nest. I am so excited about both of them.
The first is an ice cream sundae card. I have made this into a shaped card technique tutorial so you can make one, too.
Supplies Needed to Make Both Card and Bag: (Click on the word"Purchase" at the end of each item and it will take you to The Robin's Nest where you can look at and buy those items)
1 piece of Shocking Pink Sorbet Glitter Cardstock from The Robin's Nest "Purchase"
1 piece of Girl Paper Patterned Paper from The Robin's Nest "Purchase"
1 package Chipboard Sundaes from The Robin's Nest "Purchase"
1 piece of heavy cardstock-I chose Core'dinations Gemstones The Crown of Jewels Cardstock ***Purchased from local scrapbook store***
Tools Needed:Paper Trimmer
Black Fine Tip Marker
Ink for stamping sentiment and inking edges of sundae
Scoreboard helpful, but not necessary
To Make Card:
1. Fold cardstock in half. Flip chipboard sundae piece backwards so glittered side is facing paper and place on fold line. Trace with pencil.2. Cut sundae from cardstock making sure not to cut on fold line where sundae touches edge of paper. **Refer to photo**
3. Making sure sundae 'template" is face down, trace ice cream onto Pink Sorbet paper, cherry onto Red Sorbet paper and dish onto Girl Paper. Adhere to cardstock.
4. Using black fine tip marker trace edge of cherry and around sides and bottom of dish. Add dotted lines under ice cream.
5. Ink edges of icream with pink ink. (I used Worn Lipstick Distress Ink by Ranger)
6. Using a clear color of Stickles place a small dot on dish for a little sparkly reflection.
7. Stamp sentiment inside of card using black ink. ( I used Black Soot Distress Ink by Ranger)
To Make the Bag:
This is a quick and easy bag to make. I found the initial instructions online from several places and then adapted them to create my own design.
1. Cut 2 pieces of cardstock 12"x11".
2. Score both pieces on the 12" side at 2" and 10" and on the 11" side at 2".
3. On 1 piece cut the corners completely out where the score lines meet.4. On the second piece cut on the score lines from the sides inwards.
5. Fold bag and adhere edges and bottom.
6. Cut two 2" strips from Girl Patterned Paper and using a border punch; punch border. Adhere to top of bag making sure paper is above bag edge.
7. Punch 2 holes on each side bag for handles. Cut 2 pieces of ribbon the same length and push through holes. Knot each end of the inside of the bag.
8. Decorate bag using sundae with Dew Drops glued on.
9. Make 3 tags using a tag punch or die and different paper colors. Cut 2 tags at different lengths and use a border punch of the bottom edges of both to decorate. Adhere to long tag.
10. Stamp on sentiment and glue on one of the Dew Drops that came with the sundaes. Adhere tag to bag.
Now you are ready for the next time you have a special gift and occasion that needs that extraordinary card and bag to go with it. Don't forget...to check out The Robin's Nest. I guarantee you won't be sorry.