Sunday, May 3, 2009

NSD: So Much Fun

My family and I drove 2 hours one way yesterday so that I could attend my first Fiskateer crop on NSD yesterday. I had a ton of fun and even won some great prizes. While there I worked on a couple layouts and a few cards. This is one that I made there using one of the SheetLoad sketches that I had taken with me. One thing that I love about this card is it was done with basically no tools. I had forgotten to take my paper trimmer with me so everything was measured with a ruler and pencil and cut with a pair of scissors. The sentiment was also cut using them. The organizer of the crop had brought her Fiskars punches for us to use so the flowers were made using a couple of those and I did remember to bring my Fiskars scalloped corner rounder so I used it on the corners. I also brought a few stamps and stamped the image and colored it with simple markers purchased at the dollar store. Sometimes, it's fun to just get back to the basics and use tools that are simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment