Thursday, June 26, 2008

Cool Embossing Technique

I was thinking about a stencil that I wanted to use for a lo I will share tomorrow and how I could use just certain areas on it. I decided to try and see if I could use a stencil with embossing powder to accomplish what I was looking for. I am always buying stencils on clearance. I love them! I've used ones that I have dedicated just for cakes to do designs on them, I've used others on shirts that I've painted in the past(wish I had taken photos then) and now I'm using them in papercrafting.



In doing this, I placed the stencil over the cardstock and used a Versamark Ink Pad and carefully pressed it into the design making sure I only did the area I wanted. I also had to be careful not to let the pad touch the rest of the paper. I removed the stencil and poured a small amount of embossing powder over the inked design and removed the excess. I, then, used my embossing heat gun to emboss the design.

I am so excited over this new discovery for me because now I can use (and buy) more stencils and make embellishments and designs right on my layouts and cards.





No comments:

Post a Comment