Thursday, January 1, 2015

Wrapping Up The Holidays


 

As we finish up the holidays by taking down the trees and storing the decorations for another year, I wanted to share one last picture of some gifts that I made for family members.  Each of these had a special reason or inspiration behind their creation.  I was truly thrilled to give these gifts to our family because of those reasons.   

In 2015, there will be two new babies added to our family as my nephew and his girlfriend are expecting a little girl and my husband's nephew and his wife are also expecting a little one.  I created these little memento boxes for each couple to keep special remembrances of  this wonderful time in their lives.  They will make a great place to keep the hospital I.D. bracelets when the babies come home.

The top hat was inspired by this one done by a fellow Unruly PaperArts design team member and friend of mine, Toni.  I created this one for my parents who were thrilled with it.  Unfortunately, I was not able to find a cardinal in my area to add to the top as Toni did with hers so I dug into my Christmas decorations that I no longer use and found the poinsettia and holly pieces.  Since I had to make that change, I decided to not add the snow, as well. 

The little rose boxes I did for my sister and sister-in-law.  These little boxes can be used just as a decoration or to hold small things such as rings in them.  The roses are red to represent love.

That's the wrap up of my holiday gift giving this year.  I hope all of you had a wonderful holiday season and will join me here again soon to see what I will be up to next.  Remember to take time for yourself and enjoy some time to be creative this year!

Happy Creating Everyone!
~Peg

1 comment:

  1. so cute and creative peg. I still have my box you sent me years ago, I keep ribbon in it. Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete