Saturday, January 31, 2015

Inspire Your Heart

Today is National Inspire Your Heart with Art Day and Unruly PaperArts is celebrating with a link up party.  This is the piece I created for the day.  I love art so I definitely wanted to join in the day.  I have been creating in some form or another since I was a little girl. 
 
The background was inspired by another piece that I created recently.  I had gotten together with some others and checked out a local art studio in my area where trained artists provide instruction on how to paint a chosen picture.  I have painted in the past, but have not picked up a paint brush in 2 years so I was pretty happy with how that painting turned out.  This is the picture.
 


 
I decided I wanted to do the background again and thought it would be fun to do a little canvas for today.  After I painted the background, I stamped the word "Art" onto it in black ink.  I love this stamp, which comes from Rubber Dance Stamps, the Unruly PaperArts sponsor for February. Of course, it had to show how much I love paper arts so I added the hearts cut from card stock and everyone knows that I love bling so it had to be added, too. It helped to finish it off around the edges.
 
This is what I've created to celebrate the art that I love and have shared with you the inspiration behind it.  Now, it's your turn.  Head over to the Unruly PaperArts blog post and see how you can enter to win a great prize!
 
Happy Creating Everyone!
~Peg

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE the stacked cups!! Thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet piece! I like the stacked teacup picture, too! I'm enjoying this link-up for Share Your Heart day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 2 beautiful pieces! you have inspired my heart with your art! xo

    ReplyDelete