Sunday, July 6, 2014

Cards with Movement- The Zeotrope Card

I love to make cards that have some time of movement with them and one type I've been wanting to make for a while now is a Zeotrope card.  When the tab is pulled, the scalloped circle piece (from SRM Stickers) moves in a circular motion creating the illusion of movement.  The faster it is pulled the more blurred it becomes and creates the effect of it being an entire connected circle. 

The Happy Birthday Sentiment stickers from SRM Stickers were the perfect way to complete this card.  The receiver of it can make a wish as they watch the circle spin.  I like the pattern of the background paper because it helped tie in the more elegant look of the adhesive stones on the spinner piece, but it needed just one more layer in between the spinner and it to finish it off so I chose one of these fabulous doilies from SRM Stickers. 

I really enjoyed getting back to creating after having a busy time the past couple of weeks.  I'm already getting excited to start creating fall and Halloween projects and have been picking up a few things for projects I have in mind.  I hope you will have some time this week to make something fun, too.

Happy Creating!
~Peg

No comments:

Post a Comment