Thursday, May 8, 2014

Mail Art Challenge Fun

Deep Red Stamps is having a mail art challenge and I decided I would jump in and have some fun.  This piece was created using a post card that had a picture of one of the local bridges on it.  I used white paint to cover the picture and then used Distress Inks to add the color for the background.  I stamped the butterflies using the Butterflies Rubber Stamp Set and then fussy cut them out.  The saying was printed out and then punched out.  It was a quick little project, but was so much fun to do.  I even did it twice because I didn't think about the open window I was near and the wind caught the one while the paint was still wet and turned it upside down.  It added a neat texture, but there was no way of fixing it so I made another one.  This one turned out even better than the other one did! 

There's still a few days left on the challenge so if you'd like to join us using your Deep Red Stamps or would like to see the other entries come on over to the Deep Red Stamps Blog.  Be sure to keep stopping by and see what inspires you to dig out your stamps.  Don't forget to check out the website, too, where you'll find a lot of really great stamps for your next projects. 

No comments:

Post a Comment