Monday, April 22, 2013

Mother's Day Beauty

The card was inspired by this sketch created by Just For Fun design team member Linda.  I decided to flip the entire thing and make the fold of the card on the top for a different style of card.  Our challenge for the week was to use florals in honor of Mother's Day coming up so I chose this beautiful Iris stamp to use.  I wanted to do something different other than just to stamp the image in black ink so I masked off the different sections of it and inked the unmasked sections in the 3 colors-yellow, purple and green for the stem.  Once they were all inked I stamped it onto the paper and colored it with my favorite colored pencils.  This is one of my favorite cards for many reasons.  I love the color scheme of the yellows and purples, I love the layout of it using the sketch and I've really been into the punched bottom only edges lately.  These elements put together makes this a very special gift for any mom on her day. 

Still need to create a card for Mom?  Need one for something else?  Do you just love stamps?  Be sure to check out the Just For Fun website for more great stamps and don't forget to check out the blog for great ideas, too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment