Monday, February 18, 2013

Winter's Pillow Box


 

 
 
 
The inspiration of the design for this pillow box was this fun sketch.  It is part of this week's Just For Fun design team challenge.  I stamped the birds (Pair of Birds) using the stamp from Just For Fun and some red embossing powder.  Embossing was another element in the design team challenge.   Since it is cold and snowing here again, I thought doing it all in red would add a nice touch of warmth to this project.  I  wanted to put out a challenge to myself and think of something other than a card to create and add the elements of this sketch to so I chose to do the box instead.  One of my favorite craft tools are stencils and I have a set of them with various boxes sitting there for a while so I decided it was time to dig them out and use them.  It worked!  It was fun being able to apply the sketch to the box and the addition of the stamped images just made it the perfect thing to create on a cold winter's day. 
 
 
Have you visited Just For Fun Stamps lately?  You really should.  There are a lot of great stamps there and even more are coming soon!  I'm excited to get a peak at the new ones they have coming.  Be sure to stop by the blog and see all of the great projects from the design team members.  

No comments:

Post a Comment