Monday, May 30, 2011

Scrapping the every day things

I'm often looking for pictures of the holidays to use and forget that the every day events should be scrapped, too. This year we had to put a new roof on our house and I needed to take pictures for our files so I decided to also scrap them. It is such a big difference from the old roof to the new and puts us a step closer to really having the house the way we dream of it. I was able to use some of the old nails by cutting off the tips to include on the layout. I plan on doing another layout using some of the old shingles. We found that the one layer they took off dates back to the 1940's. It was a long process for us to get it finished, but we are happy with the results and I'm so glad I have these "every day" memories to scrap of one of our first major home renovation projects.

1 comment: