Wednesday, August 11, 2010

All in a "dies" work

I've been wanting to use my cricut, carts, cuttlebug and sizzix more often. I have a lot of fun each time I use them. Yesterday I found a challenge on Let's Capture Our Memories blog that went along with my wanting to use these more so I went for the challenge. As I've mentioned before I love a challenge. These are the cards and Halloween invitation I did. The apple card was made using my cuttlebug and the apple die. I also used my square punch (punches were allowed for the challenge, too. :) ) for the background of each apple. I embossed the green with my cb and cut the corners with my sizzix and one of their corner dies. The gift box card was all done using my cricut and Forever Young cart. I love that cart. I cut 2 pieces of the box large enough to make it into a card and held them together with a brad. I then added ink (on the inside) and bling to finish it. The Halloween invitation was made using my cricut and the new October 31st cart. This is a fun cart. The invitation has 3 parts to it. The little red arrows you see to lead the reader to the next part was done using my cuttlebug and the schoolhouse die. I didn't have anything with an arrow so I cut the top steeple off the schoolhouse to use as an arrow. I was so happy how well that worked out.
A Proud Member of The Lime Light. Come over to see what we are working on.Design Team Member and Teacher for The Scrapbooking Studio

4 comments:

  1. Such great cards Peg. Thanks for playing with us this week at LCOM. Hugs, Anita

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've been busy! Great cards. Love the halloween one. Thanks for playing along with us at LCOM!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab cards! Worth having a Halloween party just so you could send these invites out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great takes on the challenge! Thanks for playing along with us this week

    ReplyDelete